Just bought some new office desks to give your office a new and fresh look? Now you’re not sure what to do with the old dated furniture?
We at London City Office Clearance know very well that old office furniture disposal is never an easy process.
You may be thinking if you should look into office furniture recycling as an option, well let’s stop right here and read about why recycling is the best option:
The environmental benefit is obvious; Office furniture recycling helps to reduce energy usage, reduce the consumption of fresh raw materials, reduce air pollution and water pollution (from land filling) by reducing the need for “conventional” waste disposal and also reduces greenhouse gases emissions.
There are also many economic benefits of recycling, one of which includes saving money. It is cheaper to make products using recycled materials. For example, using fresh aluminum costs twice as much as using recycled aluminum. This is because a lot more energy (ie. 90% more) is needed to extract aluminum from its raw forms. Subsequently, products that are made from recycled materials can also be purchased at a cheaper price.
To help you with your office clearance, we have put together 5 ways to recycle your old office furniture.
- Donate usable furniture to charity shops, schools, community centres, friends or neighbours.
- Sell furniture online, at garage sales or in auctions.
- Refurbish – Make your existing office furniture match your new, modern office with updated fabrics and metal finishes. It involves a little more work and some elbow grease, but refurbishing your furniture could save you thousands on office relocation costs.
- Re-use- Before you throw out your old furniture, maybe you can change the fabric/material or maybe even a give it a splash of paint and give it a new life.
- Recycle- Recycling your furniture reduces waste and can give your old furniture a second chance to be useful. Recycling plants take parts of the furniture and turn them into something new, creating sustainable products out of existing materials. A commitment to recycling during your office move can garner good press and public good will for your company as well.
Before you sell/donate your furniture, make sure it has the kite mark of approval to show that it meets British safety standards.
If you have old furniture that needs to be removed from an office space, contact us to get started. Get a quote on all your office clearance by simply contacting us today!