Improving recycling at work is easy, and it makes good business sense too. It’s estimated UK businesses could save up to £6.4 billion by improving the way they use resources – and recycling and creating less waste has a big role to play in this. Done correctly, a comprehensive office recycling initiate can help any business send zero to landfill.
We all know why we should recycle and what the benefits are – recycling in the office is just as beneficial:
- It saves space and can reduce clutter
- It’s cost effective and can save your company money
- It reduces waste going to landfill, saves energy and helps tackle climate
Being proactive and persistent is important in making sure your office recycles, we have put together 5 ways to proactively recycle at the office:
- Always start with paper and card recycling as it is usually the most visible and highest volume waste product in the office. Provide recycling options, such as desk-side bins or central recycling bins for your office.
- Promote recycling – A successful recycling program requires participation, so it’s important to get others to recycle. By demonstrating and talking about recycling, you can encourage others to join in. You can leave reminders by posting signs near trash bins and providing separate bins for specific materials.
- If you see colleagues throwing paper or plastic bottles into dustbins, don’t be afraid to give them a friendly reminder to use the recycle bins.
- Utilise office clearance London services – Paper, plastic, glass, WEEE and metal/aluminum are accepted by most London waste collection services.
- Collect for charity too! Old mobile phones, computer equipment, stamps and printer cartridges can all help to raise funds for charities.
An office clearance company such as London City Office Clearance can help eliminate the hassle and stress of your recycling needs. As well as the standard recyclable items such as paper, cardboard, metal and glass London waste collection services are also able to recycle metal, plastic, wood, electrical items, furniture and equipment.
Find out more about our office recycling London giving us a call or use the form to provide as much information as you can. We aim to respond within the same business day.